NEW POSTING: Country Lake Christian Retreat is accepting applications for a Food Services Manager. This is a full time position with health benefits, paid time off, paid holidays and more.
We are eagerly looking for leader who is passionate about hospitality, loves food and people and desires to work in a healthy and encouraging environment.
Detailed Job Description:
Country Lake Christian Retreat is non-profit 501(c)3 ministry with a beautiful 200 acre retreat complex located just north of Henryville, IN that offers a 52 room hotel & conference center, six dorms with more than 500 beds, two commercial kitchens and a variety of activities designed to inspire healthy relationships, personal growth, and spiritual renewal in a Christ-Centered environment.
Country Lake serves over 15,000 guests each year and partners with many ministries and organizations to create an exceptional experience for guests. The meal experience is one of the most critical components and the right candidate will be a servant leader who embraces hospitality, appreciates quality food and can offer a warm and inviting environment for both staff and guests.
Job Level: Manager
Benefits: Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, holiday pay and 401k retirement savings plan
Hours: Days, Evenings & Weekends (Average 40-45 hours a week)
Applicants for this full-time manager level position will be able to . . . .
- Manage the food and beverage operations and ensure that Country Lake’s standards of service and quality are met or exceeded at all times
- Be able to foster and cultivate a culture of hospitality, trust and respect among staff and guests
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Have the creative ability to prepare a diverse range of menus from professional conference guests to summer camp participants
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Be a team player
- Participate in manager meetings and effectively articulate challenges in a healthy manner
- Have the ability to recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate supporting team members
- Be up-to-date with culinary trends and efficient kitchen processes
- Maintain quality of food services, quantity prepared, and general dining environment consistent with established standards
- Have a working knowledge of useful computer programs (MS Office, order management software, etc.)
- Clean and maintain food service areas, including kitchen and dining room while assuring compliance with state sanitation code.
- Order all supplies and maintain inventory control. Verify orders received, assuring needed goods are on hand. Ensures that all budgetary guidelines are achieved
Our ultimate goal at Country Lake is to reflect I Peter 4:8-10 in our effort to offer an exceptional environment for our guests to accomplish their objectives. We are looking for a Food Service Manager who embraces that goal and supports our mission of “Connecting people to Jesus and one another.”
“Above all, love each other deeply. For love conquers a multitude of wrongs. Offer hospitality to each other – without grumbling. And each one of you should use whatever gifts you have to serve others, effectively showing God’s grace in its various forms.” I Peter 4:8-10
Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000
Interested candidates should complete the online application (click below) and submit resume electronically to Andrew Leadingham at email@example.com
Seasonal Job Opportunities: (Click link for more detailed descriptions, wages and printable pdf)
For more information, please fill out an online application by clicking below or email a scanned application to Allison Doty at firstname.lastname@example.org